Home Comfort Systems
Every home has unique comfort needs, with a multitude factors — both inside and outside the home — that can affect it. At Hurley & David, we consider the entire system and home when advising families on the most effective and efficient ways to make their homes more comfortable year round. We guarantee that we can find the right system to fit those needs. Our technicians install, maintain and repair all of the following systems:
- Central air conditioners
- Heat pumps
- Gas and oil furnaces
- Boilers and water heaters
- Hydro-air heating systems
- Radiant heat floors
- Ductless split-system air conditioners and heat pumps
- Air purifiers, ventilators, humidifiers and other indoor air quality products
We’ll be happy to assess your home’s comfort needs and work with you to find the right HVAC products to meet those needs.
Programmable Thermostats with Automatic Temperature Adjustment
In many cases, maximizing energy efficiency is less about the systems you use to heat or cool your home and more about the systems that control your heater and air conditioner. We’re talking about thermostats, and specifically about programmable thermostats. There’s no need to keep your air conditioner on full blast in the middle of the day when everyone is out of the house, but remembering to make manual adjustments every day can be difficult. Save yourself the trouble and invest in a thermostat that can make those adjustments for you.
In essence, a programmable thermostat saves you money by automatically adjusting the temperature setting. Some of the most popular energy control functions include:
- Multiple stored daily settings, which the user can override manually without changing the rest of the daily or weekly program.
- Four or more stored temperature settings per day, allowing separate control for morning, noon and night. Remember that you can stand more extreme temperatures while you’re asleep than while you’re awake.
- Adjusted turn-on times as the outside temperature changes, allowing for improved comfort and reduced energy usage.
A good programmable thermostat can pay for itself in four years or less by saving you money on energy usage. In the meantime, you’ll benefit from improved comfort and the peace of mind that comes with having one less thing to worry about.